Concentration in General Biology
1. Students will have gained a knowledge base of biological principles and issues that allows them to effectively apply knowledge in biology, and an understanding of the connections within various areas of biology.
2. Students will be able to perform laboratory and/or field techniques that are typically used in the biological sciences.
3. Students will be able to use computers effectively for analyzing biological data and presenting results of experiments and reports
4. Students will be able to prepare scientific reports, and communicate scientific findings through oral reports and discussion”
5. Students can conduct electronic searches of the scientific literature and have knowledge of internet sources of scientific information and how to assess the quality and accuracy of such sources.”
6. Students are able to read, comprehend and assess scientific publications.
This concentration gives the student a general overview of the biological sciences. It is appropriate for the student with a broad interest in biology. In addition to the University Core Curriculum and 21 credits of free electives, the following courses are required: