STEM Designation: This program is STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math)-designated by the Department of Homeland Security. For more information, please see https://www.newhaven.edu/admissions/stem-designated-programs.php
The B.S. degree in business analytics prepares students for careers that use data to support and inform business decision-making and management. Students learn skills in a natural progression including assembling and managing data, displaying data, uncovering patterns in data, developing predictive models, and using these models to make better decisions across all business domains. Business analytics skills are in demand across a wide range of industries including healthcare, sports, marketing, finance, consulting, supply-chain operations, and information technology. Students are encouraged to develop expertise in a functional business discipline such as supply-chain management, health care management, marketing or finance using elective coursework.
a. Gainful employment leveraging economic analytical skills in economics, policy, or in a related field
b. Acceptance to a graduate degree program
- Understand the role of data and its applicability across business domains in the general concentration;
- improve supply chain efficiency by using their quantitative analytical skills in the global supply chain anlaytics concentration;
- combine quantitative analytical skills with economic theory to make informed and accurate managerial decisions in a data driven climate in the managerial economics concentration;
- combine their quantitative analytical skills with marketing knowledge to make informed and accurate decisions in a data driven climate in the martketing analytics concentration; and
- utilize their quantitative analytical skills to make informed and accurate decisions in the sport management sphere in the sport management concentration.
The general concentration provides an opportunity for a student to place particular emphasis on a specific business analytics or related field.
Students earning a B.S. degree in business analytics are required to complete 121 credits, including the university core curriculum (41 credits) and the business program core (30 credits). Further clarification and additional requirements are outlined below: