In the digital age, the artist’s palette overflows with new opportunities for creative expression in industries that barely existed a decade ago. The BFA in Graphic Design - Digital Art and Design concentration is tailored for students who seek training in the latest technologies and the chance to transform the visual landscape of technologies yet to come.
The introductory courses in the graphic design program concentrate on basic design vocabulary, composition, color perception, and drawing. Students apply long-established principles to the evolving aesthetics of computer-generated art and electronic media. The BFA in Graphic Design - Digital Art and Design concentration prepares students for successful careers in design, whether that be in print, web, or multimedia and graduates are poised to make meaningful and culturally notable contributions in the digital arts. Additionally, the rigorous course of study provides students with the foundation to continue with graduate studies in the field.
1. Assess the relationship between form and content.
2. Design syntactically consistent typographic systems.
3. Design an environment (real or virtual) which communicates clearly through the use of space, time, sound, and lighting.
4. Assess the use of authoring software and their impact on communication.
5. Formulate informed responses to art form through the analysis of the form, content, context and methods of production using appropriate disciplinary terminology through writing.
6- Utilize the design process which follow through from the screen to physical form.
7- Formulate a personal creative research project in an area of interest.
8- Design a unique graphic identity that aligns with personal professional goals.